Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extracting numbers from a string

ZoeM
8 - Asteroid

Hello Alteryx Experts!

I know you will be able to help me find a solution to my issue. 

I have very dirty data, very dirty data! But there is hope at the end of the tunnel.

I have a text field where I need to extract 3 numbers which occur together. Th first number will always be preceded with an "S", the next number by "O" and the last by "R".

The typical different formats will be:

There is text before the needed fields S:2 O:2 O:3 and there is text after the needed fields

There is text before the needed fields S: 2 O: 2 O: 3 and there is text after the needed fields

There is text before the needed fields S:2, O:2, O:3 and there is text after the needed fields

There is text before the needed fields S: 2, O: 2, O: 3, and there is text after the needed fields

There is text before the needed fields (S:2 O:2 O:3) and there is text after the needed fields

There is text before the needed fields (S: 2 O: 2 O: 3) and there is text after the needed fields

But there will always be a letter than a number. 

Somebody please help me.

Thanks in advance :)

11 REPLIES 11
jacob_kahn
12 - Quasar

Below is another excellent method to get the job done.

Make sure to change the data type to a 'Double.'

PArse out numbers.jpg

EricMartinson
7 - Meteor

Thank you @danilang,

I was able to use your solution to solve a problem I was having identifying records that had numbers in the city field in my data. 

Labels