Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extracting keywords from a column, v-lookup function and combining data of 2 column in 3rd

kumarpritam575
5 - Atom

Hello Team, I am very new to alteryx workflow design and I am stuck in process.

kumarpritam575_1-1643782419094.png

1. In the above dataset in description column I have to look for 3 keywords Depr or Depreciation, Interest Income and Interest Expense replace null values in Category column with Deprecation, Interest Income and Interest Expense and keep all other fields blank.

2. Once above step is done I have to combine data of Category Column and Comp Code Column without an space in join column without affecting original data.

3. After that I have to fill Currency and Tax owner column using a function similar to v-lookup in excel with the help of another input file (below screenshot) and the lookup reference will be comp code col.

kumarpritam575_2-1643783191730.png

Can someone please help me with the process.

8 REPLIES 8
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kumarpritam575 

Can you provide some sample input and expected output It will help us get a better understanding of the usecase.

We will be happy to help : )

kumarpritam575
5 - Atom

Hello atcodedog05, I have attached sample input and output files.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kumarpritam575 

Which is the lookup table?

kumarpritam575
5 - Atom

In sample output file I will lookup on "Comp Code Col" and update Currency Column and Tax owner column

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @kumarpritam575 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1643788136514.png

Hope this helps : )

kumarpritam575
5 - Atom

Hi atcodedog05. Thanks for the solution. It really solved my problem.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @kumarpritam575 

If my response helps please don't forget to mark it as solution.

Cheers and have a nice day!

NatashaSuello
6 - Meteoroid

Hi! Glad I found this and this one helps. I have a question though, I have a process where I need to lookup the keywords using the same input file, and the values are also stored in another file just like the example above. Basically, I'd like to repeat the process but for different columns. How can I achieve this? 

I have done it for the first column and I want to do the same for the next 3 columns which have specific keywords as well

NatashaSuello_0-1658423065917.png

and place the values in the highlighted columns (same with the first column)

NatashaSuello_1-1658423137522.png

And the values should be from the Base Price.

NatashaSuello_2-1658423444031.png

TIA!

Labels