Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extracting Cell Colors from xlsx File

JMart2135
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

I know this question has been asked a few times but it looks like its been a while so I am hoping there might be something a way to do this has come about. I have a customer file that has months/years across the top and some vehicles down the side. There are delivery counts for each month/year for each of the vehicles. The customer also uses a color legend to signify a location for a given month/years cell. I need to be able to extract that color info so that i can essentially filter to a date and see the location of that specific vehicle.

I cannot do this with a calc in excel since, once again, i have been dealt a horizontal table of data. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, not sure where to go with this request next.

Thanks,

Jesse

1 REPLY 1
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Not directly - Alteryx just reads the cell values in.

Two options:

- Use a python tool and use something like openpyxl (https://openpyxl.readthedocs.io/en/stable/) which can read the cell colours

- Xlsx files are zip files containing XML so could try reading the raw XML (but that might be fiddly, to say the least!)

Labels