Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extracting Cell Colors from xlsx File

JMart2135
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

I know this question has been asked a few times but it looks like its been a while so I am hoping there might be something a way to do this has come about. I have a customer file that has months/years across the top and some vehicles down the side. There are delivery counts for each month/year for each of the vehicles. The customer also uses a color legend to signify a location for a given month/years cell. I need to be able to extract that color info so that i can essentially filter to a date and see the location of that specific vehicle.

I cannot do this with a calc in excel since, once again, i have been dealt a horizontal table of data. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, not sure where to go with this request next.

Thanks,

Jesse

1 REPLY 1
jdunkerley79
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Not directly - Alteryx just reads the cell values in.

Two options:

- Use a python tool and use something like openpyxl (https://openpyxl.readthedocs.io/en/stable/) which can read the cell colours

- Xlsx files are zip files containing XML so could try reading the raw XML (but that might be fiddly, to say the least!)

Labels