Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extract right digits from string

taxaccountant1
6 - Meteoroid

I am a newbie to Designer and have a csv file in which I need to parse values located at the end of every string. Some values have decimals, some don't, and those that do can have varying numbers of decimal places. I am trying to use a regex and am getting close but no luck. I am trying to start at the end of the string, and parse the value at the space or quotation mark (as each line has this in common). Any formula suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Somethings like this should get you close:

Regex_Replace([field],"(.*\d)(.*)",'$1')

that will look for the last digit and then clobber everything else. 

cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @taxaccountant1 

To extract the final number from your sample data you can use the following regex

.*?(\d*\.{0,1}\d*)$

resulting in 

r.png

Dan

taxaccountant1
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your response Dan! Hope you have a happy New Year!

Dreinagel
6 - Meteoroid

How could you modify this to keep a negative sign prior to the number?

Sammie
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I got a similar issue whereby i need to extract the date out (example below, please note lenght of text varies but it will always ends with DD-MMM-YYYY).

Daily PL Adj 13-Oct-2020

Using below .*?(\d*\.{0,1}\d*)$, i managed to extract 2020 how i do extract 13-Oct-2020 out? 

thanks

Labels