Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Extract data from multiple tabs in excel and paste each tab in PPT with same format

ShaileshDevadiga
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am looking to create a deck in PPT. Data are all available in pdf or excel.

1st and 2nd slide from PDF page and rest all (somewhere 20 to 22 slides) from different tabs in an excel.

Can we do this in Alteryx moving data from each tab of excel to PPT keeping format same, even image is fine.

Only issue is we need to extract particular range and not entire sheet.

For example one in attached, 

1st sheet has data but i need to pull data only from range i.e E6 to O55 which will keep changing if we have more data.

Those data need to be pasted in PPT as image or data whatever is convenient but it should cover entire page of PPT

Attached excel and PPT file

In short I just want to copy paste contents / format from excel to new slid of PPT

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ShaileshDevadiga ,

you can pull ranged data from Excel using the option in the input tool:

mceleavey_0-1667899964749.png

Then you can output to Powerpoint using the render tool:

mceleavey_1-1667900047599.png

This shows temp output but you can output into .ppt file as well. 

You can find out more about the reporting tools HERE and more specifically about the Render tool HERE.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

ShaileshDevadiga
7 - Meteor

Thank You @mceleavey 
I will explore the below option and render tool to have correct format.
Only issue is the range keep on changing depending on availability of data. In that case I need to define range every time and also this steps need to follow like 20 tabs .

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ShaileshDevadiga ,

In this case don't select the range and simply remove the null rows/columns using the Data Cleansing tool (or others depending on the format of your data.

Excel is a really bad data source, so try to get it standardised, but you should be able to automatically handle it in Alteryx.

M.

Bulien

ShaileshDevadiga
7 - Meteor

@mceleavey  - I totally agree excel is bad source , hence trying to find main source and built same in Alteryx and then convert to ppt.

Labels