Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extract data from different sheets within the same file

mahadevaswab
8 - Asteroid

Dear All, Could some one suggest me how to extract the data from different sheets within the same file.

Currently I am using Directory tool ->Formula tool (sheet name) -> Batch Macro to extract the data.

But getting error when I save the Workflow into Gallery since files used in Macro cant able to access from local folder.

Regards

Mahadev

4 REPLIES 4
bensilv
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @mahadevaswab , is the issue with the macro itself? You will need to either have the Macro stored in a location that Alteryx Server can access, or package it up as an asset in the workflow.

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @mahadevaswab Not sure if I understand correctly, but do you want to get data from different sheets within one single Excel file into Alteryx? If that is the case, you could use a normal input tool to get a list of the sheet names, then use a filter tool to select individual sheets and then read in the data using a Dynamic input tool. Ideally, you would not need a macro for that. Does that help?

mahadevaswab
8 - Asteroid

@Paulomi  could you please share the sample workflow 

Paulomi
8 - Asteroid

Here you go! This is a very basic workflow that inputs data from different sheets within the same Excel file into one Alteryx workflow, without the use of a macro. Hope this helps! 

Labels