Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extract data from column

Metadata21
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am still new to Alteryx and I have a question to ask about extracting data from a column.

I basically need 3 columns as an output (invoice, vendor and intercompany ref)

I require the invoice number vendor and intercompany ref from the description field.

Please see attached for reference. 

9 REPLIES 9
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Metadata21 Can you provide the input file and expected output file?

Metadata21
8 - Asteroid

Please see attached - the columns I would like to create are K. L and M. Same as the input but in Alteryx 

Metadata21
8 - Asteroid

now attached 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Metadata21 Are you looking for something like this?

binuacs_0-1652691524532.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

How's this? Skips the Intercompany Ref if it's not present - have added a table on to show this properly. The RegEx used assumes that all the values being pulled out will follow the same format. Let us know if that's not the case and we can amend. Edit: Wasn't account for the Intercompany Ref / NEXT / NEXT rows in my original, have amended.

DataNath_0-1652694648437.png

Metadata21
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath @binuacs thank you both for your help! both of your solution works!

Metadata21
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath could you help me with one more thing please :-) it would complete my workflow.. i require a formula that matches data from intercompany column that matches with the invoice and entity and spits it out in another column (column N and O in my screenshot) see attached for the formula as i am probably not making sense. 

If you have a look at the screenshot the anything with acc 899999 matches with the intercompany ref tab. this does include the data that matches against its vendor and inv number. 

DataNath
17 - Castor

@Metadata21 is this what you're after? Have attached the amended workflow.

DataNath_0-1652705225640.png

Metadata21
8 - Asteroid

@DataNath OMG you are an absolute legend!! thank you so much! 

Labels