Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Extract Data from System back tables

Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

I have a question please, I have to many times a day check stock levels in different sites to see if one site can support another's urgent demand. it may be one item or it could be many items, so I have Alteryx WF where i have the input mapped to out system back tables. but i keep having to open the table, then go into the the Visual Query Builder and replace the item i want to check, then close the tables and run the WF

My question is is there a way to enter a item # or list of items into a text box in the WF and for the WF to run on this criteria?. 

So I could enter the item / Items directly into the WF without the need to keep opening / closing the back tables? 

Pictures of my poor attempt to do this, and how I do it normally 

Any help greatly appreciated

TIA,

Karl.  

1.PNG

1A.PNG

2.PNG

   

11 REPLIES 11
Karl_Spratt
8 - Asteroid

Thanks atcodedog05 / Chris,

For your help, I'm doing the interactive learning on creating analytic apps on line so hopefully I will get it 😀 

I did pick up a good tip which I used in my WF and is working for me at the moment, I changed the WF to add a txt input box where I can add one /many items then I parse the items to create each item into a row downstream ( seen this in the training) 

and it works perfectly, I can enter as many items as I want and it works, no need to open the back table.

I really appreciate your time and help here, I know more today than I did yesterday 😊 

Cheers,

Karl

Karl_Spratt_0-1645176721065.png

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Karl_Spratt 

Great to hear it got resolved.

Happy to help : )

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels