Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Extra columns in Output

Sjkitts
7 - Meteor

Hello, I am having trouble getting rid of extra columns in my output file. In the browse tool it doesn't show any extra columns but when I export it as a CSV file there are extra columns that read Column 1, Column 2, Column 3, etc. Has anyone else dealt with this issue before and is there a way to fix it? See screenshots below. 

3 REPLIES 3
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Sjkitts,

Could you provide an example CSV or workflow? CSV's don't have formatting, did you add that after you opened the CSV? Can you show a screenshot of your output data tool configuration? 

Thanks,

Ira

Hi @Sjkitts 

Are you writing your output to an Excel table? Are you configuring your output to preserve format and write to specific range?

It may be good if you can send a screenshot of your output tool configuration. Thanks!

Sjkitts
7 - Meteor

I've been exporting it and saving it as a CSV and in the CSV I have to put it into table format which i believe adds the columns to the CVS. Kind of seems its not an Alteryx issue....In this situation I have to export it as a CSV and put it in table format. 

Labels