Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Exporting of records by grouping of records by record count in tiles

AmrithKandlur
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have a scenario here.

I have a file with records and I need to export the records ( Min 10, max 15 records) per file,

However if the same AssetID repeats across multiple files, it should not be split across files it should be part of the same file. (as highlighted in RowID 19,20 and 21). 

in other words, the same AssetID should not be repeated across multiple files. 

Tile Image Excel.jpg

I used tile to get the number of AssetID, however, I need to know how I can export the data in such a way the file exports data in records as below grouped numbers.

Tile Image Image.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @AmrithKandlur 

As I see this issue is not addressed, seems its complex.

I am happy to pick up.

If I understand your requirement, you need Min 10 to Max 15 records per file.

However if the same AssetID repeats across multiple files, it should not be split across files it should be part of the same file.

It should be part of the same file.

Finally, how to output that file.

You need in the same .xlsx file with different sheets 

or 

in different excel sheet.

Please do answer as it will help me to design the workflow as per your output expected.

Many thanks

Shanker V

DenisZ
11 - Bolide

I could suggest sorting them in order first so that they are after one another. Then I believe it would be easier to group them and output each in a separate file, then you would know for certain that each assetID has its own file and not split - this should be simple to do with a batch macro.

Hope this helps

AmrithKandlur
7 - Meteor

Hi @ShankerV ,

you got the logic right and you are correct, if the assetID is the same, it should not be split over to the next file, it should be part of the same file.

I need the output to be pushed to different files .csv

ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @AmrithKandlur 

You can output into different .csv files as below.

ShankerV_0-1669187359769.png

But I am working on how to do the condition min 10 and max 15 which I will post shortly.

Many thanks

Shanker V

AmrithKandlur
7 - Meteor

I am also wondering how do I output records as per the number provided by the grouping of tiles as shown in the workflow image (indicated using arrows)

Labels