Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Exporting 1 File To Many Google Earth Files

J_Trusty
5 - Atom

So I have a MapInfo .TAB file that is geographic boundaries, and I found with the help of this forums the way in the Output Tool feature to export out multiple files based on a column. Such as they are bunch across multiple States...and creating 1 file per state.

That works all great.  However, when I open the .KML file in Google Earth, the polygon shape is gone in the sense that when I set custom colors it only colors the boarders, and no longer fills in the polygon as it did when I imported the .tab file into Google Earth.

Is there a step that needs to be done for this, or is that a limitation of it?

1 REPLY 1
AkimasaKajitani
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @J_Trusty 

Do you output the data as KML file?

If so, KML is pretty limited. But the KML file is XML file. After output the KML files, you re-open the KML files as XML and you can customize them.

Please see this discussion. There is a sample to add color the KML file.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Customise-KML-output/td-p/755874

Labels