Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Export to multiple tabs in an excel in Alteryx Application

Ris007
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am able to export the data to multiple tabs in Alteryx workflow but I am not sure how to do it in Alteryx Application.

I tried in the below way but it is also showing me only one tab in the output file. 

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Your set up is generally correct. Instead of a file browse, I suggest using a folder browse - that way the user only has to select an output location and not give the output a name as well.

From there, your action tool should update the value. Choose the option at the bottom to replace a specific part of the string. In this case, you'd want everything in the output path EXCEPT for the file and sheet names. The folder will be updated with where the user selects, and the output file/sheet names will remain as is. Hope this helps!

echuong1_0-1602513737226.png

Ris007
5 - Atom

@echuong - I used the folder browse and it is working in the workflow BUT after publishing it as an app in Gallery when I am trying to RUN the application it is throwing below error.  

Error Message :

Problem Loading App

Unknown error. TypeLoadException RequestID: 17ce3d999c424c2da2fa620c26393407
Labels