Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Export to PDF with New Lines

aiubxh8
7 - Meteor

I have an excel file which has bulleted information (new line per bullet) in some cells. I am looking to create a nice PDF table with this data in alteryx, but when I do, my new lines disappear and the information becomes one big paragraph with dashes throughout (where there used to be a new line). See my test output I am inputting into alteryx attached. Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
JordyMicheal
11 - Bolide

Hey there @aiubxh8,

I downloaded your workflow and took a look.

It looks just like a lot of free form text trying to be jammed into a table. 

Bullets aren't cells and you need to organize this in some way before trying to just stick it in a table.

Is each new lines a new record? What would the report look like in your mind?

If the case is just as it is in excel, maybe excel is the use case for this one?

Happy to help you work through it, but I think you might need to think a bit more about what you want to do.

Thanks so much!

JordyMicheal

aiubxh8
7 - Meteor

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it. I decided to go down the Excel route. Thanks!

Labels