Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Export tabs to Excel in specific Order

bsharbo
11 - Bolide

Hello everyone. I just posted another question that relates to this question as well, but I figured it would be best to split them up as they are asking specifically different things.

Anyways: Does anyone know if it's possible to Create a new sheet in an Excel file using the Output data option, but also to control the order of where the sheet is created within the Excel file?

Example: if I wanted to output to the tab "c:\alteryxTemporary\MyExcelfile.xlsx|Summary"  however I always wanted that tab to show up first?

One way I would do this would be to simply create a template file that has the hard-coded tab order already established, and then simply overwrite the tabs as the code ran.... I am just looking for a different way to handle this without having to have a pre-created Excel file :-)

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Kanderson
10 - Fireball

I could be misunderstaning your question, but new sheets in excel are created (left to right) in the order they are output from Alteryx. Try ordering your outputs to match your desired outcome. 

Kanderson
10 - Fireball

I meant to include a screenshot, my apologies:

OrderingOutput.PNG

bsharbo
11 - Bolide

Hello Kanderson. In my example the other 10 tabs are created in a sub macro, and the final 'summary tab' is output from the results of that macro so unfortunately i cannot produce it in the way you are doing without some pretty major code re-writes.... However you havejust verified that this is true so that is very helpful! thank you :-) 

SamDrury
7 - Meteor

One thing to note here is that it may not work as expected depending on where you place the "Block Until Done" tool in your workflow. It may be a bug or a quirk in the way it works. 

Here's an example, note the location of the block until done tool, it seems to make a difference. 

Labels