Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Export of segmented reports

JSABOGAL
8 - Asteroid

Good afternoon community,

I need your help as soon as someone could tell me how I could generate a macro that exports the report keeping the texts of the header and the end but different tables grouped by the first column come out.

JSABOGAL_0-1650302765637.png

Original

JSABOGAL_0-1650302204558.png

Desired departures

JSABOGAL_1-1650302349986.png

JSABOGAL_2-1650302402158.png

The table can change in lines and number of groups but the texts will be the same in any case.

4 REPLIES 4
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @JSABOGAL you don't need to use a macro to generate the different tables. The reporting tools have a group option that will generate a different table based on the data in a column. I adjusted your workflow to showcase how this can be done. I would recommend the Reporting Interactive lessons to learn more about the reporting tools.

JSABOGAL
8 - Asteroid

I was thinking of something like this, where the macro goes through each of the values ​​that need to be grouped, generates the report and does it again, but I haven't been able to get it to work correctly.

JSABOGAL_0-1650304484554.png

JSABOGAL_1-1650304516328.png

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Just need to tick which field to group on in the Table tool

Group_Options.JPG

JSABOGAL
8 - Asteroid

Good afternoon Joseph, I understand the idea but the problem is that it does not work for me since the text entries and the tables cannot be linked to each other since each one comes from different interfaces and sources. When generating them, I join them with the "Union" function and then I can export them, which is why I have no way of being able to link the data as you show it. After the union, all the groupings change and this option is not generated, because the idea is to do it just like the example you placed but they are not aligned

Labels