Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Export data to different excel workbooks

dattina2287
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to split up a file by branch so that it can be sent to different managers based on location. I need all the same data from the file to be in each excel workbook but would basically split up the excels by location (found in a certain column. Each workbook would also have two tabs.  

example:

Location Column - if NY, create new excel file with same 2 tabs and send as an attachment to the specific NY Branch Manager

Location Column - If LA, create new excel file with same 2 tabs and send as an attachment to the specific LA Branch Manager

i already have the two tabs but in the file set up so now i just need to split the actual excels by location.

any guidance would be greatly appreciated - Thank you!

Thanks,

Diana 

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @dattina2287, I recently built a macro that can split a dataset into multiple Excel outputs based on a chosen field.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Public-Community-Gallery/Output-to-multiple-Excel-files-or-sheets/t...

However, I'm a little confused on the same 2 tabs part. If you try the above with the 'Multiple files' option selected, selecting your branch/location as the grouping field, does that hit your requirement or get you close?

digitalmemo
8 - Asteroid

@dattina2287 you may refer to my workflow as reference. You need to alter the paths first to make it work.

digitalmemo_0-1656437645966.png

Labels