Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
ALTER.NEXT:

Join us on Dec 2 for a half-day virtual analytics + data science event!
US & CA customers only

SAVE YOUR SPOT
It's the most wonderful time of the year - Santalytics 2020 is here! This year, Santa's workshop needs the help of the Alteryx Community to help get back on track, so head over to the Group Hub for all the info to get started!

Export an range to Excel

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi I have got a workflow, that imports some data and I want to be able to export the data to a range in a excel sheet (on the same sheet). I just cant get my head around how this can be done.

I already set the range called Test in the spreadsheet (in blue), I want to take the data i import and update the range and not over right the first 2 rows.

Range.JPG

Is there a simple way to set the range in Alteryx and over right the same range in the excel sheet?

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner

@AndrewCrayford,

..\named range.xlsx|||'Sheet1$c4:d5'

Here's a video describing the solution:

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Many thanks for that and it works,

Just wondering if there a way to not export the header row from Alteryx into the report?

Highlighted

@AndrewCrayford,

I'm glad that this solved your question, but you'll not like the answer to your follow-up.  When writing to excel, you'll get the header row.  If the data is consistent in columns and rows, my preferred solution is to write to a "hidden" tab and reference the data back to the formatted sheet.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Labels