Inspire EMEA 2022 On-Demand is live! Watch now, and be sure to save the date for Inspire 2023 in Las Vegas next May.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer and Intelligence Suite.

Export Dialog Box

jrlongoria
5 - Atom

I exported a cell viewer table to Excel and it seemingly was just hanging.  The Export progress bar remained displayed but did not advance.  It had modality (focus) and did not allow me to click on anything else on the screen.  When I oped other apps they opened behind the export progress and Alteryx windows and were obscured.  I was able to drag to my second screen and use, but the screen with the export dialog remained.  When I clicked on the window to close it did nothing, but I did notice a dialog box appeared that stated the export was successful, but I could not click OK.  This dialog was also behind the export dialog and inaccessible.  I have attached screenshots.  Anyone else have this happen?

3 REPLIES 3
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @jrlongoria 

I would send this to support@altery.com to have them look into this. Make sure you give good details and the version you are using. 

Hope this helps!

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
pdxsvrider
7 - Meteor

Yes, I have the same problem.  When I run an app then try to export the results to excel i experience the same bug.

pdxsvrider
7 - Meteor

I'm working with Alteryx support for a proper resolution but they provided me a work around.  Use the Windows logo key  + Right arrow shortcut to move the background window to the right.  This will allow you to click the OK button on the "File written successfully." dialog box.  See the attached screenshot.

Labels