Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Explorer Box

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Hello Team,

How we pass the login id and password  in the explorer box of my login page.

11 REPLIES 11
rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Any one can help.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @rohit782192, you should be able to just type in your login and password. Are you getting any errors?

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

i want to pass the values in that . I am curious how we can do in Alteryx

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@rohit782192 There's not a native way to do this in Alteryx I would advise looking at using the Python tool and Selenium. 

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Rohit,
Can you please give detail as to what you are trying to achieve?
Are you wanting to display a web page, log in, within the explorer box without the need for a user to login to the page?

I don't believe this is possible within the Explorer Box functionality, you would need to log in instead. You can scrape information from a web page using the download tool however. There is a great post explaining how to make your own connector with this functionality within Alteryx here:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Guide-to-Creating-Your-Own-Connecto...

Depending on what information you are wanting to retrieve, and how you are wanting to display it to a user of your workflow, this may be the best way to go.

Cheers,

TheOC

Bulien
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@rohit782192 What is your end goal in login into a website in alteryx?

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Any Website or Google Search to pass value.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Are you wanting to scrape that website for information or just display the website in the Designer?

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Both

Labels