Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Experian US Total Population Data

gregnagui
5 - Atom

Can anyone help clarify how Experian US data for total population and population density are calculated when using Demographic Analysis>Allocate Append tool?  I assumed the total population and population density were extracted by trade area parameter (10 miles or 100 miles).  However, I realized the total population and density do not change when changing trade area miles.  

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @gregnagui 

The allocate tools use a methodology called 'Block Centroid Retrieval' - you can read more about it here: https://help.alteryx.com/current/Allocate_Retrieval_Methodology.htm

However, I'm guessing that the real issue is that you have the wrong spatial object selected. In your screenshot I see you have the 'SpatialObj' field selected - is that the trade area field, or is the trade area field maybe called something like 'SpatialObj_TradeArea'?

gregnagui
5 - Atom

It was the spatial object_trade area that was incorrectly selected.  Thanks Travis!

Labels