Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Executing an update SQL using Designer

Syamjith
5 - Atom

Hi - I want to execute a simple update script in MySQL database using Alteryx designer.

First there is a formula tool that builds a column named [sql] based on a dynamic date parameter. I am looking to just execute this sql statement from the variable as it is in the MySQL database. I've been trying a lot with output tool, in-db tools, etc. but encounter different errors each time. 

Not sure if I'm missing something here, but any guidance on executing just a simple update script (or insert/delete for that matter. I know select works just fine) into database is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@Syamjith Hi!

Can you make a printscreen of you dynamic input tool configuration? Like:

Sebastiaandb_0-1629282922429.png

I bet it has something to do with the "Modify SQL Query" part. If i'm correct you want to replace the whole sql query by the value of your sql variable. Make sure to have that in the modify part (by using replace specific string f.e.).

Syamjith
5 - Atom

Hi  Sebastiaandb,

Thank you for your reply. This is how the dynamic tool configuration look like.

Labels