Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Execute same macros multiple time with mapping order from excel

huyly0325
7 - Meteor

Hi Alteryx Community,

Context:

My current workflow needs to use separated inputs as a mapping from 32(g)(1) to 32(g)(10). The logic in macro is much more complicated that I can't simply use join. Macro needs to execute each 32(g)(n) at a time then union the result. The numbers of mapping can be changed from time to time. One day could be 32(g)(1), (3), (9), next day could be more than those 3 mappings or less.

huyly0325_1-1572376534716.png

huyly0325_2-1572376566766.png

Challenge:

1. Duplicated inputs and macros icons that do the same thing. It doesn't look clean in the workflow.

2. May take a long time and wasting computer power to run all of the 32(g)(n) then filter out what are needed.

Looking for Solutions:

1. The list of mapping 32(g)(n) can be managed in excel.

2. How macro can execute each line of mapping in excel then combine the result.

huyly0325_3-1572376678738.png

I can't share my workflow because it is confidential information. Please share your thoughts and sample workflows.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Can you elaborate on this point?

2. May take a long time and wasting computer power to run all of the 32(g)(n) then filter out what are needed.

How do you determine what to filter out? I understand that you cannot share the confidential information, but can you give some context about what happens with the mapping?

jrgo
13 - Pulsar

@huyly0325 

Batch macro sounds like it would fit the bill here.

If you're not familiar on how to create, the lesson linked below is a good place to start. However, there's a TON of stuff throughout community that may give you the info you need to complete your project.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Videos/Build-Your-First-Batch-Macro/m-p/52900

Jimmy
Teknion Data Solutions

huyly0325
7 - Meteor

hi guys,

I found the solution. My append function in macro is limited to 16 records only, but if I change to unlimited records, it should work. Life is simple.

Thanks all!

Labels