Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Execute .BAT file to initiate Alteryx Workflow

trevorwightman
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have the basic Alteryx License on my computer (I believe it's the Designer license for ~$5k). I created a workflow to do file manipulation and I would like to put this in a shared location on my computer such that another employee can access and run the workflow without me. The problem is that I am the only one with the software on my computer since we only have one license. I was thinking of creating a .bat file that would run the workflow so that I would not have to do it myself. If this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
PaulNo
10 - Fireball

Hi @trevorwightman,

Running a workflow from the command line would require the API license (https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/run-workflows-command-line). 

As such, I don't think that you will be able to "share" your workflow as the standard license is intended for one user only.

Hopefully, somebody else will be able to provide a more constructive answer.

Best,

PaulN

trevorwightman
8 - Asteroid

I think that response hits the nail on the head. I appreciate the answer because then it means I do not need to search for any other workarounds. Thank you!

Going to get with management to see if we can get the API license. 

Thank you!

Labels