Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excluding data from output based on employment criteria

StephenT
8 - Asteroid
  • Greetings all

I would like to ask for assistance with a filter or formula to exclude different employment statuses from a workflow that I run weekly, to track the return of laptop when people leave the firm.

I have been working on these scenarios for a couple of week, am getting nowhere and hoping someone can give me some ideas

The 4 employment status we use in the WorkFlow are :
  • Hire - New firm hires (FTE = Full-Time Employees))
  • Contract Contingent Worker - New Contractor Hires
  • Termination - FTE terminations
  • End Contingent Contract Worker - Contractor terminations

The 2 employment scenarios are (I have attached a couple of dummy files) :

• FTE Termination to be re-hired as Contractor (file attached - FTE_Contractor.XLSX
  • Contactor termination to be re-hired as FTE (file attached - Contractor_FTE.XLSX

I do have 2 more scenarios i have to omit, this time to deal with resignations (terminations) which affects both FTE and Contractor (I have attached a  dummy file (rescinded.xlsx)

• Resignation is submitted, then rescinded, then submitted for a later date
  • Resignation is submitted then rescinded as they (FTE or Contractor) is staying on

If anyone could help with even 1 scenario that would give me an idea how to proceed, and i'd be greatly appreciative

10 REPLIES 10
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @StephenT 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels