Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel sheet name with trailing spaces

prozanini
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to create a macro that will read several sheets from an excel file, but some of them have trailing spaces in it (in the sheet name).

My strategy consisted of creating a sheet list and a macro following it to open each one of them. Some of them have trailing spaces and apparently it looks like Alteryx does an automatic cleansing in the field before trying to relate them to the files, so it tries to locate the sheet names using their "clean version" and, consequently, cannot find them.

Have anyone ever seen a problem like that?

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-03 at 10.32.32.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-11-03 at 10.33.26.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2
Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @prozanini 

Have you tried surrounding your sheet name with single quotes and a dollar symbol? i.e. '[sheet name]$'

In your case it would be ' Bonus 2a. quinz Wi Fi Espec. $'

Regards,

Ben

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Dear @prozanini,

Attached the Workflow with the Macro to read the Excel files with Trailing Spaces.

Hope that help.

Regards,

Labels