Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel report and Alteryx capabilities

Iam_sumitkumar
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, I am new to Alteryx and have specific questions about its reporting capabilities.

I am curious whether Alteryx is a feasible option to automate the Excel reports that I generate today. Can the following of the excel features be retained in Alteryx excel output?

• Excel report has an Index page (see attachment) with a link to each sheet in the excel workbook. Users clicks on the link in the index to see the target excel sheet .
  • Excel report has sheet has pivot table with pivot filters (see attachment).
  • The filter selected on one sheet also filters the pivot in other sheets in the excel workbook.

If the feature can not be retained in the Alteryx output as excel, can it be done in any other report output format? 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
dougperez
12 - Quasar

I think you will need a dashboard program (like tableau or powerbi) to do these features (alteryx can do some of those like:https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Creating-pivot-table-with-filters-like...)
But I recommend an use of a dashboard program, you can use tableau output to populate tableau dashboards, or just populate some tables on your database and plug these programs on.
If this answer helped you, mark as solution!

Iam_sumitkumar
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you!

Labels