Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel output error: Replaced Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part with XML error.

abcy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi everyone, I have a workflow which output needs to replicate a template's format, so I used blob tools for that.

The workflow run without errors doing what it's suppose to do. But, when I open the excel output, file is blank and gives me this error: Replaced Part: /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml part with XML error. Whitespace expected.

Found on the web that the issue might be related to frozen panes in excel. So I checked the template file (the one that feeds the blob to replicate the format), removed the frozen pane it had, tried again but same results.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks :)

4 REPLIES 4
Samantha_Jayne
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @abcy I would definitely check your template, perhaps even make a new fresh simpler one to rule out if its that, then build up the complexity. Are you using any named ranges or just pushing to sheets?

Samantha Clifton
Alteryx
#alteryxrocks
abcy
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @Samantha_Jayne I tried simplifying my template without any luck. I am using a range, the template and workflow outputs have matching columns.

When I changed the output sheet name I runs fine but of course does not copy the template's format.

abcy
6 - Meteoroid

I am embarrassed and at the same time relieved at myself, haha. My error was generating an incorrect file name reference on a formula tool that was feeding the Output blob. Ran the workflow and it worked.

Lesson learned...

Samantha_Jayne
Alteryx
Alteryx

Easily done @abcy glad you managed to spot it 😊

Samantha Clifton
Alteryx
#alteryxrocks
Labels