Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel output cell Color formatting question

AkisM
10 - Fireball

I am trying to format my data as in the example shown in the attached excel below. I know about the table tool and row/column rules, and I did get the desired result for columns A to E, but I'm not sure how to also add an appendix on the right, since the rules would conflict. Isn't there a "cell" color coding rule option that lets me pinpoint the formatting check?

Or am I thinking about this in the wrong way and I should just create 2 separate tables and then somehow bring them next to each other? If so, how do I put them both in the same sheet as shown in the example below? Ultimately the output will be an excel file so a render tool will be used.

2 REPLIES 2
Blake
12 - Quasar

Hi Akis, 

I think that your best bet is going to be to create 2 tables and use the visual layout tool to put them next to each other. 

I didn't bother with the conditional formatting in the table tools because you mentioned you already know how to do that. 

See the attached workflow and screenshots and let me know if this works for you! 

workflow colortest.png

layoutcolortest.png

rendercolortest.png

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @AkisM 

I suggest following the "two tables" method you described above. I've attached an example to this post to show how you can create two tables, join the records, and layout those tables horizontally. 

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Labels