Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel input default to "List of Sheet Names" and not prompt user?

ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

Hi, is there a way I can default the input for an excel spreadsheet to "List of Sheet Names" and not ask the user for a selection?  

I've only found this article so far on this:  https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Interface-Tool-File-Browse-Automatical...

but that doesn't help me.  Since that doesn't work on Alteryx Server.  

I want to make this as easy as possible for the end user.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Did you try this part from @Thableaus ?

joshuaburkhow_0-1603119361667.png

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I have confirmed that it does indeed not ask locally but it does on the Server so to @BenMoss point it's a user education point

joshuaburkhow_0-1603119861747.png

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
ISUGraber
8 - Asteroid

Yes, that is in the link I posted.  It doesn't work on Alteryx gallery.  

I should be more clear.  I just want the user to upload a sheet.  I don't want it to ask them what sheet to select.  I want to select "List of Sheet Names" and move on.  

SophieJoanna
7 - Meteor

@ISUGraber did you ever get to the bottom of this at all? I am having the same problem

Labels