Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel convert field value to hyperlink in output

Manojkumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Someone please help me with the following.

I have a flow, in which I get an excel file as output, one of the column has the path, but as string.

Is there way to make it hyperlink when creating excel itself?

File path
\\manoj90101\proro\oirriit\

I want it to be an hyperlink when I open excel, not as string.

Please help

Thanks In advance

8 REPLIES 8
mmbora
5 - Atom

The user of the excel has to enable DDE , by which excel will auto enable any string or text that is present in the workbook as a hyper link. User can hold Ctrl + Click to navigate to the location. This may however not work withany Intranet , FTP location within your internal network.

The link for Microsoft's forum is below :

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/930479/dde-links-are-not-automatically-updated-in-excel-200...

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

It is possible to do this directly in Alteryx by using the reporting tools.

The 'Text' tool in the reporting suite allows you to create a hyperlink, we can then bring this together using the table tool (and apply any formatting you want), and then use the 'render' tool to output this as an .xlsx output.

I've attached a working example for you.

It's not possible to do this with the standard output tool, unless you get your users to mess around with their excel configuration as the user above says.

Ben

mmbora
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot

Manojkumar
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot, Ben. It worked without any issue

TomasGM
5 - Atom

I can make hyperlinks to common files but when i try to do this with sheets i get this error

Untitled.png

anjukdas16
5 - Atom

May i know if you were able to resolve this issue

szkz
6 - Meteoroid

I have similar case where attached is the input excel file where column document name and document number is having hyperlink attached to it.  Need help in related to how to retain hyperlinks in those two column in the output excel file

JewelTomy
5 - Atom

Hi, have you found a solution for this?

Labels