Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel Time input is wrong transformation from alteryx

Timo97
7 - Meteor

Hello everybody, 

i have a problem i have a excel input with this "13.03.2020 18:22:49" but when i view it in alteryx it gets transformated into "43903.765845" this. Doesn't understand why but more importantly i don't know how to transform it back into at least "13.03.2020". 

if someone could help it would be really nice 🙂

LG Timo 

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Timo97 

What is happening is date has been converted to numbers. Here is what you can do it. Convert it to date and then convert to required format. Be aware that Alteryx only ISO dateformat of yyyy-mm-dd rest will be considered as string.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1632215270774.png

Hope this helps : )

mst3k
11 - Bolide

software typically stores dates as number of years/hours/minutes/days/seconds/etc since some starting point like 1/1/1900, so it can store them as numbers and turn that into a date.

the todate() function seems to be all you need to convert your number into a date format. how your date shows (year/month/day etc) should be easy for you to change if it's not already in the format you want by default:

mst3k_0-1632215475854.png

Timo97
7 - Meteor

Thanks @atcodedog05 for all your answers before i post the next one i look more closely into all functions of alteryx 🙂 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @Timo97 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels