Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
ALTER.NEXT:

Join us on Dec 2 for a half-day virtual analytics + data science event!
US & CA customers only

SAVE YOUR SPOT
It's the most wonderful time of the year - Santalytics 2020 is here! This year, Santa's workshop needs the help of the Alteryx Community to help get back on track, so head over to the Group Hub for all the info to get started!

Excel Report Color Error

Highlighted
5 - Atom

Hello,

I ran into an issue and can't find a solution online (makes me really wonder)...

It's regarding Excel Reports and field formating (background colors).

I like to use columns styling rules for field values to make the report more readeable: 

• Working as intended in Designer
  • Working as intended in Excel (unaltered, orginal out of Alteryx):

Capture1.JPG

But:

• When I try to copy-paste, or merge the generated worksheet into a new Excel file, it turns into this:

Capture2.JPG

Hmmm?

• Is this an Excel issue?
  • Any workarounds?

Also, sometimes the Report Tool like to change the order of my columns. The export is different from the browse preview in Alteryx. Why is that?

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @RAS-KQ,

Thank you for your contribution to the Community!

To help make it easier for others to assist, it would be helpful to get some additional information on your issue. Here's what we recommend you include in your reply:

• What Alteryx Version are you using?
  • Do you have a Workflow with sample data you can share?

Thank you very much!

Sophia Fraticelli
Premium Support Advisor
Alteryx, Inc.
Highlighted
5 - Atom

I'm having the same issue. I'm using version 2018.3.5.52487.

I am trying to get an "alternating" row color of light gray. When my workflow exports to Excel and I hover over a light gray cell, Excel does not know what color the background is and when I move the output to another file, the backgrounds changes to black.

Labels