Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel Question

Cc_1
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

Please, could you give my work a try. Please, find attached the excel workbook. Am trying to attain the highlighted Yellow Portion of the Workbook from the left part which is not highlighted yellow. I would appreciate whatever input you can provide. Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Cc_1

There you go. Obviously you can input the blank columns if you like, simply by creating them in the formula tool.

Let me know if this is what you want. 

M.

Bulien

Cc_1
8 - Asteroid

Please, can you send a send screenshot of it. I am unable to open the workbook. Seems like my alteryx is an old version.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Cc_1,

No problem:

Workflow.PNGresults.PNG

Bulien

Cc_1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the response. Is it okay if I ask you the data view after the multi-row formula. I would like to see how if came out after the multi-row formula. Thanks

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Cc_1,

The multi-row formula simply creates the country against each record, so you have the column before:

before.PNG

and after:

after.PNG

Hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

Cc_1
8 - Asteroid

Mine is not coming out that way. I might have missed something in the multi-row formula. Please, can you send only the screen shot of the multi-row formula. Thanks very much

Cc_1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks very much. I got. I had checked on a box which was affecting it. Thanks

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The actual formula is as follows:

if isempty([Country]) then [Row-1:Country] else [Country] endif

You need to calibrate the tool like this:

multi-row.PNG

M.

Bulien

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Cc_1,

Glad I could help.

Could You mark this as solved to help others on here?

Cheers,

M.

Bulien

Labels