Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel Pre designed template and save/ achieve the report based on date

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Hello, great minds:

Good evening. I want to create a report in the output file,  the template is a pre-designed excel template. I like the result of the workflow saved in the excel template based on date. I have attached the Screenshot of the template. I want the template to stay as it is. Every day, the new refresh data results will populate on this template as a new file based on the date the Output file is-  Sales Report 082222. I have attached the template and workflow for your information. 

Kinetic_analytics_0-1661164503990.png

Appreciate your help.

8 REPLIES 8
markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @Kinetic_analytics 

You can use the Preserve Formatting option to update an existing spreadsheet that has the formatting that you want.  The trouble that you have is that the file you're updating needs to exist first.   See the attached workflow, which creates a .bat file that copies your Sales Template to your new filename, then the workflow updates that file you've just copied.

Hope that helps, it's using files in C:\Temp\ so you'll need to update that for it to work for you.

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Thank you. It is grat help in my learning process.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kinetic_analytics one way of doing this with the Blob tool

binuacs_0-1661172279643.png

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Quick question, How can I copy from the Network Shared Drive directory? 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Kinetic_analytics If you are using the blob tool you can specify the network path of your template in the blob tool 

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

I was trying this approach. Thanks for the push. 

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Awesome! 

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Check this article that @NicoleJ wrote about Blob Tools.  Excellent stuff.  😀

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/The-Blob-Reporting-That-Isn-t-From-a-Horror-Film/bc-p/...

Labels