Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel Pivot Table with multiple rows and columns

all-tricks-rick
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a way to have a sum/count/grouping as the "values for new columns" within the Cross Tab tool? Say for this example my data looked like this: 

data.PNG

I want Asset and Liability to become headers (like phone number 1 and phone number 2) and then I want to sum the Market Values grouped by Classification and count the number of Record IDs grouped by Classification. Can I do this using a combination of this cross tab tool and a summarize tool? Ideally I would want it to look like the pivot table in excel below.

pivot.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
robdelisle
7 - Meteor

I believe this will give you what you want. It sounds like you know how the crosstab and summary tools work just weren't able to figure out the combination. Let me know if you have any questions though and I can explain what's going on or if you need something different.

AlteryxCommunitySolution_Crosstab1.pngAlteryxCommunitySolution_Summary1.pngAlteryxCommunitySolution_Summary2.pngAlteryxCommunitySolution_Crosstab2.pngAlteryxCommunitySolution_JoinMultiple.png

-Robert

all-tricks-rick
6 - Meteoroid

That worked! Thank you!

okakosolikos
6 - Meteoroid

I'm really happy and also very sad and frustrated that I had to waste 2 hours searching to find the solution.
It's literally 4 drag 'n' drops in excel, why can't a pivot tool exist in alteryx?

It's been almost 2 years from the posted solution and no pivot tool.

I'm hopping off to waste another 30 minutes to implement this to my own workflow and I'm afraid I have to bookmark this one..

Thanks Robert

Labels