Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel Output to Named Range

rw9122
6 - Meteoroid

I read the following post, but for some reason I am unable duplicate the creation of a named range. Nor am I able to use the Append Field Map feature (it's greyed out once the pop up box opens).

Link: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Data-Preparation-Blending/Excel-Output-to-Named-Range/m-p/9644#M159...

Goal:

I'm pulling data in from 5 sources and want to write to a single Excel file (.xlsx) and either create a named range or table (I do not think I can crate a table, but a named range will work). I need to do this so that the 5 pivot table I create are always reading from the latest data set (which can increase or decrease week to week.

I'm open to other solutions if they exist. Maybe there's a better way to do this than create pivot tables off a named range?

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
mat_ste_cb
8 - Asteroid

@davidlhowes, but to do it you have to create named range in Excel. My question is if it is possible to create named range (Excel's) from Alteryx.

DamienMinter
8 - Asteroid

I am having the same issue - Did you manage to over come this? 

I don't want to import the header data, but when I drop this before the first row turns to string fields, and the blank columns are populated "F15", "F16" etc. I am trying to come up with a smart way of overcoming this - possibly with a pre/post SQL statement as I am loading into an .xls template

DamienMinter
8 - Asteroid
Labels