Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel Output - multiple tabs with specific fields only

olimpio
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone, I need some help on a workflow

Details:

1. The workflow will pull data from a table and then split containing different categories

2. The Dynamic input pulls in queried data that would contain a column 'Name' with these categories  example A, B and C  (there could over 100 categories) as rows and all the columns of the table queried

I am trying to create an output where I have an excel file that has in this example 3 excel tabs / sheets with only specific columns so,

1. Tab 1 should have data for A with columns 1-5

2. Tab 2 should have data for B with columns 1,3,5

3. Tab 3  should have data for C with columns 1,5,13 and so on for each row of data in column 'Name'

is there a way to accomplish this without using to many filter tools, currently the only thing that i can think of is separating each category manually, using a select tool and selecting specific columns and union them on position and then use the take file name from field in output however, that is to time consuming and I am hoping for a better way to complete this that is efficient

3 REPLIES 3
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@olimpio This can be achieved with the help of the formula tool and output tool

1. Create a variable with your file path and name like below

binuacs_0-1651335590060.png

2. configure your output data tool like below

binuacs_1-1651335708999.png

binuacs_2-1651335770098.png

olimpio
8 - Asteroid

Hi Binucas

thank you for your response.

just one thing is the output needs to have specific columns depending on the category

1. Tab 1 should have data for A with columns 1-5

2. Tab 2 should have data for B with columns 1,3,5

3. Tab 3  should have data for C with columns 1,5,13 and so on for each row of data in column 'Name'

is there a way to achieve that?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@olimpio One way of doing this is with the help of a batch macro. IF you want specific fields to be in specific tabs you need to mention the column names in a separate file

binuacs_0-1671470290149.png

Labels