Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Excel Layout different from Alteryx layout

sdemichelis
7 - Meteor

Hello all,

I am a newbie with Alteryx so, forgive the basic question. I have structured the layout in one way and it is fine when I export it in PDF format. However, when I export it in Excel, the layout is drastically different. Any ideas?

Thank you

Stefano

8 REPLIES 8
bharatandalam
8 - Asteroid

Hi @sdemichelis 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sdemichelis 

The difference i see is

1. Table borders: this can be removed in table tool default settings.

2. Column width: this can set to fixed in table tool column settings.

3. Layout width: possibility the page layout is not wide enough. You can set this is render tool below options. You can also set the page layout to horizontal.

Hope this helps 🙂

sdemichelis
7 - Meteor

Hi Bharat,

the formatting (i.e. lines and columns delimiters) is different between the layout within Alteryx and the Excel file

Hope this helps.

Best,

Stefano

bharatandalam
8 - Asteroid

As @atcodedog05 said, you can use a render tool to match your PDF file.

sdemichelis
7 - Meteor

Hi

I am just baffled by the difference between the table formatting (lines and dividers/borders) in Layout vs Excel.

Not sure why

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sdemichelis 

Excel is like a white canvas you are free to do anything but Alteryx render is more of computer generated report. Hence Alteryx cannot match the reporting style and flexibility of excel. Alteryx has limitations you wont be able to get exact excel thing in Alteryx.

Hope this helps 🙂

sdemichelis
7 - Meteor

the problem is the other way around. The layout in Alteryx is way better than the output in Excel and I wonder why the formatting disappears when I export in Excel (PDF export is perfect)

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @sdemichelis 

2.pdf is your excel output. You might want to check the print options why you are getting in a page. Usually there is options in print options to use page layout and fit. Page Layout & fit to page is default approach Alteryx takes.

Hope this helps 🙂

Labels