Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel Binary file on a G Drive as an Input file

abhinavsoni
6 - Meteoroid

Hello 

I am unable to load an Excel Binary file on G Drive as an input file.  The connector does not have option for Excel Binary file.  Please help.

10 REPLIES 10
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you map your G Drive? That's the easiest way to do any G Drive integration.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@Felipe_Ribeir0 - I think the issue is the OP is using the Google Drive tool. Google Drive tool has a limited subset of files it can read in. 

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@apathetichell maybe i was a little biased about this topic, i had problems with xlsb files some time ago 😅

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@Felipe_Ribeir0 part two of this thread - "now that Alteryx recognizes my .xlsb - how do I get it to open..."

abhinavsoni
6 - Meteoroid

Once I get the admin access I will install the driver.  Installing the driver worked for you @Felipe_Ribeir0 ?

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

@abhinavsoni if you are talking about using the normal input tool to input .xlsb data, yes. If you are talking about using the Google drive input tool to input .xlsb data, unfortunately no.

Felipe_Ribeir0_0-1669752010955.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

First step first - map your google drive. You cannot get where you want using Alteryx's google drive tool. Use this: 

https://www.google.com/drive/download/

Then ditch the Google Drive tool - and just use G: as a network drive.

abhinavsoni
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you @apathetichell , will it work if  the workflow is scheduled on the server?

Labels