Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Excel Attachment in Email from Workflow not Opening Properly

mattpeltcfa
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone,

All of a sudden this email generated from a workflow is not opening properly. I'm getting the below error message. Then, once I click "Yes" indicating I trust the source, I get the second error message below. Can someone advise how I can fix this? It was working fine until recently.

mattpeltcfa_0-1602515875985.png

mattpeltcfa_1-1602515959684.png

4 REPLIES 4
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

HI @mattpeltcfa , I have faced this issue when I was trying to export an xml file into excel. Most of the characters are invalid in terms of excel therefore this dialog box is displayed.Could you be more specific what type of data your includes or have you tried to output csv or txt file?

For csv format you can choose utf-8 where it will read the invalid characters as well.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
mattpeltcfa
7 - Meteor

Here is a mockup of the file I am trying to attach and the end of the workflow.

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @mattpeltcfa 

Ive had this very similar issue before with running on a server, and i managed to get it to work with the Parallel Block Until Done tool. As far as i understand, the block till done will just wait until the data is sent out of the first situation before sending out to the other, so if it is taking a while to save to your excel it could cause error.

I've attached a packaged workflow, give it a go and see if it works!

Bulien
mattpeltcfa
7 - Meteor

Hey! 2 things:

1. I have a less recent version of Alteryx, so when I was able to download the workflow, it did this to the macros.

2. Even though I have saved the parallel block until done macro, it says it is invalid.

mattpeltcfa_0-1603304975642.png

Labels