Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Exact match into a list of values where items count several words

MelanieR
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

Is anybody having an idea on how to solve this:

I need to find a way to look for a value into a list of values and I am having trouble with a case.

Indeed I am using for now the Contains function which is working well except when the list of values contains multiple words for an item. 

Example: Look for 'String' into 'Single Parent Family / Family / Spouse / Children'

The result of my actual request is OK as 'Single' is found into the list of values. But I would like it to be KO as 'Single'!='Single Parent Family'

I guess I should use regular expression to look before each '/' (meaning to add a '/' at the end of the list) but I am not familiar with it and I do not know how to handle this. If someone can help it would be really appreciated.

Melanie

3 REPLIES 3
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@MelanieR ,

I've attached a search for you that will find Single and will return Single Parent Family.  While I think that this solves the challenge posed, if you need more help, please let me know.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
MelanieR
7 - Meteor

Hi @MarqueeCrew ,

Thank you for your solution. It does not exactly match with my issue however it's a good "track". I am going to work on your idea.

(don't take into account my last message if you read it before I modify it)

MelanieR
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much @MarqueeCrew ! Thank to you I found how to make it works.

I enclosed the solution in case someone will  face the same issue.

Melanie

Labels