Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Events to run .bat file

hemant86
11 - Bolide

Hi ,

I'm using Events to execute a .bat file to trigger after the workflow ends. Everything is working fine but is there a way where I can specify the path of the .bat file in a dynamic way. I am sharing a locked workflow with the user and they cannot open the tool to update the path.

Please let me know if there is a way to update the path dynamically for Event. I tried "..\OutputData\Macro.bat" but its not working.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

hemant86_0-1630475627478.png

4 REPLIES 4
Maskell_Rascal
13 - Pulsar

Hi @hemant86 

Dynamic paths only require one period at the beginning, so your command line should look like this: .\OutputData\Macro.bat

jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @hemant86 

Using relative paths should work. How are you sharing the workflow with others? Is it saved on a network share drive and asking others to run it from there or are you sharing just the workflow itself?

If the latter, are you also including the folder structures so that the relative path to where your BATCH file is is still valid?

hemant86
11 - Bolide

Thanks highlighting that Maskell. I was using with single period as well (.\) but it was not working since the bat file was not in the same folder as the workflow. Its working now. Thanks Again! Cheers!!

hemant86
11 - Bolide

Thanks for your pointers @jrgo . yes that's what I was missing. My bat file was not in the same folder as the workflow. I was sharing the workflow itself with the user

Labels