Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Events Email Interface

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has come across this issue when setting up an event email to alert me and another email when there is a run with errors.

Obviously to accomplish that I was going to add two email addresses to the 'To' line, so I started typing and Alteryx will not allow me to type a semi-colon in the field AT ALL. 

I use a wireless keyboard so at first I thought maybe the batteries were dying or the key on the keyboard was broken/stuck, but as you can see here it works just fine --> ;;;;;;;;;;;;  ;  ;;; ;;;  ;;;; ;  ;  ;  I can write individual semi-colons so it isnt a stuck key.    

I can literally add ANY punctuation to the field except semi-colon.  I am beyond confused by this one.

So my question is two parts:

1.) WHY??? and

2.) HOW do I get around this?

🙂

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @DanielG ,

to specify two email addresses in the To box, you need to use a comma.

Hope this helps.

M.

Bulien

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@mceleavey Thanks! 

I use semi-colons in the email tool so I had just figured it would be the same in there since they are both sending emails.

Wondering why one would work with semi-colons and the other would work with commas...

I assume it has something to do with how the emails are built behind the scenes, but if anyone knows for sure what happens I'd be interested to learn it.  🙂

Thanks again!

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Also, I just pulled up an old workflow that I set up an event for months ago and it has a semi-colon between the names.

So confused. 

Not sure what to do.

salbol1
8 - Asteroid

@DanielG 

Some have indicated the inability to place semicolons in the To box of an event was purposefully done. Just handle it as a copy/paste from a text editor, that is the easiest way around this one. I've found event based emails are normally a tighter distro, so this isn't normally problematic to handle this via that method.

Labels