Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Event e-mail title variables: workflow name?

FilipR
11 - Bolide

The default emails sent through the Events section have these variables:

%AppName%: %Module% - %NumErrors% Errors

For some reason the %Module% variable is a combination of %WorkingDir% and the workflow name. Does the workflow name have it's own variable that I can use here instead of the %Module%? The title is way too long with the path included.

9 REPLIES 9
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @FilipR 

There is an environment variable called [Engine.WorkflowFileName] that you can use in a workflow.

I wonder if this can be used in an event, maybe %WorkflowFileName%

I can't test it myself as I don't have a smtp server set up.

FilipR
11 - Bolide

Hi @DavidP 

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I have tried both %WorkflowFileName% and %Engine.WorkflowFileName%.

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

**bleep**! It was a wild guess but I was hoping we'd get lucky!

aafzala
5 - Atom

I am also working on a similar task and trying to find out a solution. Is it possible if I can know an alternative solution to this problem? I did try %Engine.WorkflowName% It did not work for me.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @FilipR 

You can always hard code text in the subject or body. This way you can just hardcode the workflow name for your workflows. That's what I tend to do.

Hope this helps : )

aafzala
5 - Atom

Thanks for your quick response, but I think you can use hardcode text in the tool inside the workflow. but not sure if it can be done inside the event configuration in the mail subject

aafzala
5 - Atom

I think you are right. I will try this solution. But I would still be interested to find a solution that could be more efficient.

FilipR
11 - Bolide

Hi @atcodedog05 

I guess that's a solution. I was hoping for something neater, though. 😀

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help : ) @FilipR 

Cheers and have a nice day!

Labels