2022.1.1.30569 Patch Release Update

The 2022.1.1.30569 Patch/Minor release has been removed from the Download Portal due to a missing signature in some of the included files. This causes the files to not be recognized as valid files provided by Alteryx and might trigger warning messages by some 3rd party programs. If you installed the 2022.1.1.30569 release, we recommend that you uninstall it, and then install the latest 2022.1.1.30961 version.

Alteryx Designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

Event based trigger (AWS SQS) in combo with Alteryx Desktop Scheduler (no Server)

ThomasT
7 - Meteor

Hi all, 

I've tried to find similar topics but couldn't find any (please correct me if I'm wrong). 

I have a situation where I use Alteryx Desktop Scheduler (not Server) to run multiple workflows on schedule with intervals as low as hourly. One requirement is to run one of the workflows based of a trigger from AWS SQS messages (or file changes in AWS S3). 

What is the best solution to make that happen? I can't use the event trigger macro (workflow running 24hrs re-iterating until the event happened) as that would block the other workflows from running causing an indefinite queue. I also can't use the Gallery API as there is no Server license. 

I was thinking if the specific workflow which is event triggered could be set up in windows task manager on the same machine/computer, but i'm not sure if it will cause a conflict if Alteryx+Scheduler is active in 2 instances in parallel for the period of time that the event based workflow runs in a separate Alteryx+Scheduler instance. Not sure if the second instance will also start triggering the workflows that are on the scheduler. 

My proposed solution in summary, running on a Windows Server:

• Alteryx+Scheduler running 24/7 executing all scheduled workflows
  • Alteryx+Scheduler running in parallel instance for a short period of time (random time of the day) in parallel to the Alteryx+Scheduler running 24/7

Thanks,

Thomas

1 REPLY 1
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ThomasT - FYI - Each license of Alteryx Desktop Automation (Scheduler) is a single named user license and may not be shared between multiple users. Also, it does not grant rights to deploy Alteryx Desktop Automation within Windows Server OS or virtualised environment. 

Labels