community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.6

Looks aren't everything... But the latest Community refresh looks darn good!

Learn More

Evenly Assigning workload

Highlighted
Meteor

I am trying to find away to evenly assign workload throughout a team. Each person is assigned a store per day. However, I need them to be assigned the same amount of store or close to the same per day. Which store assigned does not matter but the amount of workload does. 

Capture3.PNG

Alteryx Certified Partner
This looks like a schoolyard pick. You have three captains and you need to assign the stores to the captains. Start at the top and assign 1 to 3 to each store and then relate them to the names.

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.
Meteor

Thanks but I am talking about a scope of thousands of stores and 5 days a week for 52 weeks. I was overly simplifying it when I made the example. The example is how the data is provided to me. I need to find away to assign them the same amount a day. 

If you are wanting to evenly spread the total of Store then I suggest an iterative macro assigning the highest remaining store to the lowest total for employee. I have attached a sample doing this.

As @MarqueeCrew if you want to assign equal number of records then his approach should work well.

Meteor

Thank you both for your time with this. I am unable to download your workflow because I am unable to upload the latest version of Alteryx. I am using 11.7.4.43055

How about just using the tile tool with equal records?
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and reboot. Order shall return.

Interesting case - I tried both @MarqueeCrew and found the greedy iterative felt like a better allocation engine.

NameGreedyTile
Amanda123111
CJ110127
Cathy10766
John111147

@TJ1 I have attached a new sample adjusted down to 11.7

Labels