Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Evaluating Outlook emails including Subject and Attachment Names

johnson1
5 - Atom

We are looking to use Alteryx to replace Excel VBA functionality to do the following

Loop thru Outlook for emails and evaluate

1-The subject name for predetermined names and in some cases dates within the subject name

2-The attachment name for predetermined names and in cases some dates within the attachment name

3-If the rules are met for 1 and 2 then save the attachment to a predetermined folder location

4-In certain cases where the email does not contain an attachment we copy from the body of the email and dump it into an Excel spreadsheet

5-Extract from Outlook the email receipt date and update an Excel spreadsheet where we maintain the most recent subject name, attachment name and email receipt date

6-Extract from Outlook the subject name and update an Excel spreadsheet where we maintain the most recent subject name, attachment name and email receipt date

7-Extract from Outlook the attachment name and update an Excel spreadsheet where we maintain the most recent subject name, attachment name and email receipt date

My question are 3

1-Does Alteryx have the ability to do 1-7

2-If the answer is yes to #1 would it be extremely involved to complete via Alteryx

3-If the answer is yes to #1 can you provide links to assist if this is feasible

4 REPLIES 4
Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

I have used for 1-4. Maybe possible to extract data from Outlook but havent used it.

Using run command and email tool. possible to do 1-4 for sure

johnson1
5 - Atom

Thanks - can you provide me a link so I can further review the information you are referencing (Email tool and run command)...Thx

Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

1. Worflow1 for email- please see attached, you will have to configure the setting and play around with it

2. Workflow 2- for copying file from one folder to another and renaming the file as per data, again you will have to configure run tool inputs to suit your solution

Raj_Singh1
9 - Comet

@johnson1 

Thanks a lot for accepting it as a solution. let me know if you have any questions around it . hope it works for you

Labels