Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Ets Model Returning Incorrect Periods

Aashish
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All, 

I am a bit new to Alteryx and R as such. I am trying to implement a forecast model based on Ets. 

My data consist of number of patients by year from 2012 Jan through 2017 Dec. However when i use this data in Ets 

and link a Ts forecast tool to predict the next 24 periods only , I am getting an output of 2024 all 12 periods and 2025 all 12 periods only.

I have checked that Series start date is set at 2012 and month as 1 , but still this is showing incorrect data. 

1 REPLY 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Aashish,

I've just taken a look at your workflow and have identified an issue.

Your data stream is not aggregated to the level required by the model to create a monthly forecast, you in fact have two data points per month when in fact for the forecasting tools this should be one.

You have two data points because you have info for client 1 and client 2. 

There are two possible solutions depending on what you want to achieve.

If you are not interested in creating a forecast for each client but an overall forecast then you can use the summarize tool to aggregate your data to give you one data point per month.

If you do want a separate forecast then I shall point you towards the 'TS Model Factory' tool on the Alteryx gallery which will allow you to achieve this.

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/TS-Model-Factory/5772af65aa690a1348cc6abf

Ben

Labels