Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Errors in multiple import of CSV files

oerdem19
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am trying to import many (more than 20K) CSV files using input tool and wildcards. However, I am getting errors/warnings during the import. How can I identify which files error messages are related to?

For example, here is a screen shot of error messages that I am getting.

oerdem19_0-1663294553041.png

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @oerdem19 

Dear, Judging from the prompt information, your all csv file schema is inconsistent, so the fields are missing or concentrated and an error is reported. So you need check file first or change the input option about field .

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Hi @oerdem19,

To solve the warning about the closing quote, you have to set line 9 to None: "Ignore delimiters in" instead of quotes.

For the second warning about the field length, increase the field length value in line 7 to the maximum as I did by setting it to 1 million.

Also remember to indicate 'no delimiter' in the input data tool by signifying it with \0 in line 5. You can then split into columns with the Text to columns tool

Find all the details associated with what I said above in screenshot below.

Let me know if there is another issue.

Emmanuel_G_0-1663344253709.png

oerdem19
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

Rather than the errors, I am trying to figure out which file that has been imported has errors in it.

So, in the picture, it says "170 records are were read from D:\....xxx.csv"

Are the errors under it related to that particular file?

Thank you.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@oerdem19Yes. it's file. then errors. Keep in mind - these are just warnings and TBH depending upon the quantity of data and number of files this stuff happens. If you have a text/description field and a large enough set of data - you'll get these kind of errors.

Labels